OPEN CALL FOR A NEW SOUND INSTALLATION
Music Biennale Zagreb and the Culture of Change Department, Student Centre Zagreb are launching an open call for a new sound installation to be presented during the 29th Music Biennale Zagreb (April 21 – 29, 2017)
The open call sets out to select one new sound installation (using sound as its primary medium, but which may or may not involve other media) and to present it during the 29th edition of the contemporary music festival Music Biennale Zagreb (from 21 until 29 April 2017).
- The open call is open for artists of all nationalities and ages.
- The work must be new, not presented before.
- Preference will be given to works which interpret (in any form) the sign/motto of the 29th Music Biennale Zagreb
- There is no application fee.
- Only one submission per artist is allowed.
- Among the submissions, the jury will choose one work, which will be presented in the Gallery of the Student Centre Zagreb during the Music Biennale Zagreb. You can find the detailed technical information about the venue here. All submissions must be created bearing in mind the size and the possibilities of the venue!
For the selected submission the organizer will provide:
- artist's fee in the amount of 1.000 €
- production fee of max. 2.000 € (materials, equipment rental)
- travel expenses and accommodation for the artist for the period of the production and presentation of the piece (the Gallery is available for 5 days for the set-up)
All applications must be submitted through our online Application form. (https://biennalezg.seamlessdocs.com/f/installation)
The application form contains the following compulsory fields:
- name and contact information of the artist
- CV and portfolio (selected projects, 5 pages max, pdf)
- a document with the description of the work (2 pages max, PDF)
- a list of the technical requirements (2 pages max, PDF)
- other relevant attachments for the application, photographs, documentations, sketches, etc. (3 pages max, pdf)
- optional: a sample of the video and/or sound material – only links will be accepted, no additional files should be sent!
Application period: December 15, 2016 – February 15, 2017
Deadline: February 15, 2017
Deadline for additional questions and inquiries: February 8, 2017
Announcement on the artist selection: by February 28, 2017 at the latest
*The dates can be modified up to organizers’ decision.
Krešimir Seletković, artistic director of the Music Biennale Zagreb
Davorka Begović, head of music program, Culture of Change, Student Centre Zagreb
Marta Kiš, head of visual art and new media program, Culture of Change, Student Centre Zagreb
Gideon Kiers, artist and curator
Davor Sanvincenti, multimedia artist
All inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
About the organizers:
Music Biennale Zagreb
The Music Biennale Zagreb is an international festival of contemporary music founded in 1961. Completely dedicated to the new music - including the "living Classics" of contemporary music and the new generation of composers from all over the world, Music Biennale programmes include projects from symphony orchestras and chamber ensembles, experimental musical theatre, contemporary dance, jazz, electronics to alternative music scene. Closely interrelated with other arts, the Music Biennale Zagreb fills a considerable and a very distinctive position on the Croatian and regional cultural scene. Such a favourable situation is partly due to the choice of performers, most of whom are superb music professionals. Two ideas are kept in the forefront of the Music Biennale: tolerance and a high standard of musical production, creativity and reproduction.
Student Centre Zagreb – Culture of Change
Student Centre in Zagreb was founded in 1957 and later became part of the University of Zagreb. The SC is a multifunctional cultural space in the heart of Zagreb, centre of students, artists and professionals with different orientations, areas of interest and cross-disciplinary artistic activities. In 2004 Culture of Change was introduced to SC to revitalize its cultural program and since then has been organizing, producing, supporting and promoting artistic works and cultural events in all different fields of theatre, music, film, visual and media art. SC is widely recognized for its contemporary program on all art fields, gathering young and upcoming artists with renowned and established ones, focusing on development, working processes, open-minded approach and artistic researches. Music program seeks for adventurous, interesting, challenging and high quality projects related to sound.